Swedish Tourists Killed by Electric Shower in Thailand

Strange News — By Dave on 2011/04/04 11:04 PM
scary shower

Illustration. Image source: travelblog.org

A young Swedish couple was killed in Thailand after being electrocuted in the shower of their hotel on the island of Krabi, according to The Local.

The 25-year-old man and the 23-year-old woman took a shower together on Saturday evening. After hearing a scream, friends staying in the next room rushed in to the couple’s room but found both of them dead.

“One of the friends received an electric shock while trying to revive them,” the Aftonbladet newspaper reported.

The Swedish foreign ministry has confirmed the deaths. According to a representative with the Swedish embassy in Bangkok, one theory the police are investigating is that the hotel room shower somehow became electrified.

This isn’t the first time that Swedish tourists have been killed in Thailand by an electrified shower. In 2007, a 34-year-old man from the Stockholm area died after being electrocuted in his hotel shower in a resort in Patong.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
  • http://www.reisespinne.de/Forum/thailand/566628-ao-nang-toedliche-dusche.html#post640599 Anonymous

    [...] [...]

blog comments powered by Disqus